Keeping Cupcakes Fresh?

Baking By sag494 Updated 16 Apr 2015 , 1:08am by bakingfordozens

sag494 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sag494 Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 7

I have big orders coming up this weekend for easter for cupcakes along with my 40 hour job. Everyone is picking up their cupcakes on saturday for easter sunday. My question is if I make the cupcakes and freeze them will they be as fresh/ still good for them on sunday? I want them to taste the very best and figured I would have to bake everything and do everything on friday after work but I wanted to see. Thanks.

Also I would just be freezing the cupcake and frost on friday.

6 replies
Norasmom2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom2 Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 1:00am
post #2 of 7

Yes, freezing them will keep them fresh.  I do this all the time.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 6:25am
post #3 of 7

I wouldn't frost them on Friday, freezing is fine, but I find the frosting is done best closest to delivery/ pick up. Unless they want some time consuming decorations, frosting doesn't take long at all...

Be aware that you might have to do some extra cupcakes. I always have problems with cupcake liners starting to separate (5% rate).

Good luck.

sag494 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sag494 Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 7

well people are picking them up saturday morning while I am at work that's why I was going to frost friday night and keep in a lock and lock to keep fresh.

wooton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wooton Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 2:24am
post #5 of 7

I agree, I freeze mine without the frosting.  When bringing them back to room temperature I put a fan on them to avoid condensation and that way the liners don't come off.  The fan from the wind wicks off all the moisture.  @julia1812  

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 5:54am
post #6 of 7

It happens to mine even if I don't freeze them (which I hardly ever do). It's very humid where I am anyway and if they are not rising slightly over the edge they peel of for sure. My chocolate cupcakes are the worst due to the extra fat in the chocolate...well worst in a good and yummy way , LOL

bakingfordozens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingfordozens Posted 16 Apr 2015 , 1:08am
post #7 of 7

I agree in that freezing your cupcakes, they will remain fresh and delicious! I do it all the time! :)

As for decorating them, you can frost them directly out of the freezer or you can let them thaw, either way, I usually frost a day before or early that day so that my icing sits and all my flavors mingle. People still love them!

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%