Wedding Cake Advice, Please!

Decorating By mrsmac888 Updated 30 Mar 2015 , 2:40pm by -K8memphis

mrsmac888 Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 2:57am
post #1 of 8

Ladies, (and Gents)

I have an order for a wedding cake to be done next month.  The bride wants the following cake, but without the "waves".  She wants straight sides from buttercream.  

http://cakesdecor.com/cakes/75079-belle

My concern is this.  She wants to use her Mother In Law's cake top, which is a traditional bride and groom.  But she also wants the cake to have the Beauty and the Beast theme.  How do I do a topper with bride and groom and still keep the theme?  The single red rose under the dome is definitely Beauty and Beast, oh and she wants the rose petals to be peach, which is her wedding color.

Ideas??

Thanks!

Christina

7 replies
malou1021 Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 3:58am
post #2 of 8

http://themetapicture.com/amazing-beauty-and-the-beast-cake/

What about a regular flower vase with the rose inside and the top tier on top the vase to hold the topper. 

mrsmac888 Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 8

malou,

I like that!  This bride is very easy going and nonchalant about this cake.  As long as I get the general gist of the Beauty and Beast, I know she will love it.

I was also thinking about putting the bride and groom on top of the cake, then the rose laying at their feet and covering it all with a glass dome.  The topper is about 7" tall, traditional bride and groom facing each other.

Thoughts?  Anyone?

Thank you!!

johnson6ofus Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 8

I am worried how the petals will look without the waves. 

-K8memphis Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 8

i think the petals will do ok sans waves -- but i think the petals should fade from red to the peach

-K8memphis Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 7:43pm
post #6 of 8

but yes i do love the waves with the petals

mrsmac888 Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 8

K8,  oh my gosh!   That is exactly what I was thinking.  Start with a red rose and have them fade down to her peach color.   I was thinking of it  as the fairytale of Beauty and the Beast becoming to her own fairytale.

Christina

-K8memphis Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 8

awesome --

would be cool if the rose in the glass showed some peach at the stem or deep inside a coupla petals too  -- looking forward to seeing a picture...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%