Does anyone have a tried and true and fantastic banana cake recipe they are will to share? I have tried and tested so many and they all taste like banana bread and that is sooooo not what I am looking for.
i want to make a banana cream pie cake!
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed really ripe bananas ( I used 3)
1/2 cup oil
1 cup flour
1 tsp.baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Beat sugar,bananas, oil and eggs until blended. Then mix in dry ingredients until blended. Add nuts. Bake at 350.
I love this recipe!!! It is a small recipe that is easily doubled, however I have not had good success with large pans or trying to make a full two inch deep layer.
This recipe was shared by MBalaska last summer. This cake is very very good!
You can read the thread in the link. The recipe is in post #7. There is also some comments about it.
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/8 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 275°.
- 2Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- 3In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- 7Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- 8Stir in banana mixture.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist
Use ripped bananas the skin have to be black. If you put them in the refrigerator like for 2 to 3 days they will turn black. They are going to be very soggy and messy but they are going to be flavorful since the natural sugars of the banana are mega concentrated.
Check this recipe