Iconic Usa Cake Ideas

Decorating By jessigurl182 Updated 27 Mar 2015 , 8:11pm by jessigurl182

jessigurl182 Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 5:09am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone! My sister is moving to Sweden early next year and for her going away party we are doing it all things USA as the theme. I am trying to come up with ideas of iconic USA places and things for a fun stacked cake. Anyone have any ideas of iconic pieces or neat ideas for the stacking/placement? TIA!!

4 replies
melissay Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 5:12am
post #2 of 5

What about using some of her favorite places or places that she would like to visit in the US. Personally I would find it more special if my favorites were used. Maybe make "postcards" of places she has been and place them all over the cake, like scattered photos.

jessigurl182 Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 5

That is what I had planned to do before but she hasn't been very many places out of CA and she didn't really want an all CA cake. I was still going to add some of the Ca places to it, like Mickey ears for Disneyland and dodger dogs for dodgers stadium, a portion of the SF bridge etc. 

julia1812 Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 5

You could carve the cake like the Hollywood hills, maybe place her name on it instead of "Hollywood", but same style and make a big film roll like the old fashioned ones from the cinema. Then you could place a picture of the different life events / milestone etc in each frame. Like a movie about her life so far...and maybe ending with a preview of her new, like a Swedish flag or an IKEA sign lol,

jessigurl182 Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 5

I was defiantly thinking about ikea! And apparently Swedish fish comes in more colors than red in Sweden so I was going to add those. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%