Type Of Frosting For Red Velvet Cake

Baking By T-Breakz Updated 31 Mar 2015 , 1:14am by T-Breakz

T-Breakz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Breakz Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 3:19am
post #1 of 9

A customer requested for a red and white push pop wedding cake and I was thinking of making red and white velvet cake. But due to the humid hot weather in my country, I worry that the cream cheese frosting  might turn bad as the wedding will be held in an open hall (non-aircon).

So I'm trying to find out if there are any other frosting that goes with red velvet cakes? Thanks in advance.

8 replies
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 3:24am
post #2 of 9

Vanilla buttercream works great! They also sell cream cheese emulsions, though I'm not crazy about the flavor.

T-Breakz Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 3:28am
post #3 of 9

Quote by @Dr_Hfuhruhurr on 1 minute ago

Vanilla buttercream works great! They also sell cream cheese emulsions, though I'm not crazy about the flavor.

What does cream cheese emulsions do?

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 4:40am
post #4 of 9

The other traditional frosting for red velvet cake is Heirloom frosting made from cooking milk and flour and then slowly beating in the butter.  Taste is not too sweet and the consistency is similar to Swiss Meringue Buttercream. 

cakemyday.pk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemyday.pk Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 6:42am
post #5 of 9

Red Velvet cake is available at our online store. Just visit www.cakemyday.pk to order it now!

T-Breakz Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 6:49am
post #6 of 9

Quote by @Pastrybaglady on 2 hours ago

The other traditional frosting for red velvet cake is Heirloom frosting made from cooking milk and flour and then slowly beating in the butter.  Taste is not too sweet and the consistency is similar to Swiss Meringue Buttercream. 

Heirloom frosting  is the same as Ermine frosting right? Both I just heard of today..Gonna give it a try, wonder how it taste like

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 7:11am
post #7 of 9

Yes, Heirloom and Ermine are the same.  I think it tastes like a combination of marshmallow and whipped cream.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 3:10pm
post #8 of 9

Emulsions are sort of like a thick, stronger version of extracts, to add flavor. There are cream cheese emulsions available, which you would just add to your buttercream in place of whatever other flavor you would normally use. I tried a cream cheese emulsion for a red velvet cake about a year ago, but it was not universally loved. I thought it had a weird, sour taste, but some of the guests loved it.

T-Breakz Posted 31 Mar 2015 , 1:14am
post #9 of 9

I see. Thanks guys for the advise and suggestion. Will give it a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%