Pricing Of Cakes And Cupcakes

Decorating By lichen954 Updated 26 Mar 2015 , 9:10pm by Apti

lichen954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lichen954 Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 4

This is question i am making a 6inch strawberry  flavored cake with butter cream and zebra stripes plus 12 cupcakes  6 chocolate  and 6 vanilla  number is 40 people  so im thinking 2 layered Cake plus  the fondant and the topper how much should  i charge for all of this.

3 replies
Mattie15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mattie15 Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 4

Hello Lichen,

Have you looked at any cake serving guilds?  How many slices did you plan to get out of a six inch cake? I believe Wilton's guild says 12- (way to many in my cake world)

I would suggest you get on line and find a cake cutting guild you can live with -  I can't see anyway for you to get 40 servings out of the amount you plan on serving.

Price: Sorry I stay clear of what someone would charge for a cake. 

Best of luck to you. 

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 4

It's a shame the search function isn't working. There are thousands of threads on pricing.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 4

I can't tell if you are new to the forum, but assume you are based on your question.    Unfortunately, no one on any cake forum can "tell you" how much to charge.  There are far too many variables.

I have provided a link to an article about pricing below.  This is an excerpt from that article:

"This is one of the most frequently asked questions by cake decorators when they begin to sell their cakes.  The simple but frustrating answer is that no one can tell you how much you should charge.  Setting a price structure is one of the most difficult parts of any business.  As with real estate, the price of cakes varies widely by location and is largely determined by your local market.  Finding the right price point requires research of your competitors' prices, and a solid understanding of your own costs."

Here is the article on pricing:

http://www.cakeboss.com/Cake-Stuff/Articles/How-Much-Should-I-Charge

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%