Cake Crumbs

Decorating By like-a-fat-kid-loves-cake Updated 23 Sep 2005 , 12:45am by Kookiefool

like-a-fat-kid-loves-cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
like-a-fat-kid-loves-cake Posted 22 Sep 2005 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 6

This might sound really silly but after you have cut away at your cake to get the shape you want, what do you do with all the cake thats left over it seems a shame to throw it away, and i cant keep eating it all or i will be sick!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

ANY IDEAS
LISA
XXX

5 replies
MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 22 Sep 2005 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 6

Hubby used to eat all mine, but now I just roll them into little balls and put some decoration on them and let the kids eat them..lol...Not sure if you have kids, but that is my suggestion icon_biggrin.gif

Beth

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 22 Sep 2005 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 6

Make Cake balls!

You can do a search for different recipes for cake balls.

You can save all your scraps (you can even freeze them until you are ready to make your cake balls). What I like to do it to take my scraps and mix them with a little bit of buttercream icing (just enough) to hold the mixture together. Then make bite size balls and place on was paper on a cookie sheet. Cover. Then freeze for 1-2 hours. Then you can dip these little balls of goodness into your choice of melted chocolate or candy melts.

Cookieman also has a very popular recipe for cake balls.

Sooo yummy!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 22 Sep 2005 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 6

...make cake balls!! Here is a link to Cookieman's recipe:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-29305-.html#29305

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 22 Sep 2005 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 6

That is supposed to be "waxed paper" not "was paper"

oops!

Kookiefool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kookiefool Posted 23 Sep 2005 , 12:45am
post #6 of 6

I'm new here, and just joined, and found this request while looking through your site and asking my own questions. I have posted the recipe in Mastercook format, which I hope is okay. Anyway...

I have made these, and they are great and impressive! Although the directions call for preparing a cake with cake mix, you can use your own leftover cake. Just ajust the rest of the ingredients accordingly for the amount you have.

Use your imagination to combine any flavor cake, flavorings (alcoholic or non), additions (powdered sugar vs. cocoa), as well as additions like finely chopped nuts, cherries, dried fruit, etc, and decorate (or not) to your heart's content, or cover with chopped nuts, etc. They lend themselves well to many variations.

* Exported from MasterCook II *

CAKE TRUFFLES

Recipe By : Unknown -- Prodigy
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Candy Cookies
Gift Foods

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 box cake mix -- Devil's Food (or prepared cake)
1 cube butter (1 stick or 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup powdered unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped hazlenuts (or
walnuts, etc.)
2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream (or other liquor)
16 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (to thin chocolate if
necessary)

Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Bake cake in it according to directions. Let cool. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in cocoa and sugar. Add nuts and liquor. Remove from heat.

Crumble cake into mixture in saucepan and mix by hand until well blended, tasting frequenty icon_smile.gif. (This was in original recipe!) Roll into 1 1/2" balls, sqeezing to shape.

Melt chocolate in microwave (add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil to thin if necessary) or in a double boiler, if you prefer. Dip balls in one at a time, covering completely. Dry on wax paper. Store covered in a cool, dry place.

Note: You can double the amount of chocolate to use for dipping
if you like a thicker chocolate covering.

Also, try with white cake & different frostings, maybe stirring in
some dried fruit or cherries.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%