I have to take a fondant cake to work on Friday morning, here is the schedule that I want to follow, please tell me if this sounds good
- Tuesday evening bake the cake and freeze.
- Wednesday morning - make the ganache (2:1 ratio with semi sweet chocolate)
- Wednesday evening - ganache the cake and leave it outside on the counter
- Thursday evening - brush the cake with little hot water and cover with fondant and apply fondant/gumpast flowers
- Friday morning - cake is all set to take to work
Thanks in advance !!
I would bake the cake Wednesday and make the ganache Tuesday. No need to freeze the cake. The ganache only takes 10 minutes to make and can be left at room temperature for days.
I always make the cake as close to the event as possible and I don't freeze my cakes (a personal preference). You could make the cake in the afternoon and by evening it will be at room temperature.
Oh and I also make the cake batter ahead of time and freeze (if made a long time before the event). I defrost the batter in the fridge the night before I need to bake the cake. It makes it less stressful for me.
I make the fondant up to a week ahead of time and leave on the counter. Again less stressful.