Pull Apart Cake Question

Decorating By bakernoob Updated 24 Mar 2015 , 8:44pm by bakernoob

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 3

What is a good frosting recipe to use for cupcake cakes? Any time I see one the frosting looks so smooth and easy to spread. This particular cupcake cake will be outside at a park so nothing that will need to be kept cool or melt. Also I know a dab of frosting on the bottom of the cupcakes can keep them from sliding around during travel but is there a different way? That seems a little messy. TIA!!!

2 replies
Cakecrazy25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakecrazy25 Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 3

Ednas crusting buttercream.

Just a dab of butter cream at the bottom of the cupcake will do ya. I mean you could use tooth picks or melting chocolate but buttercream is great because it really allows you to move the cupcakes around and pack everything in there tight before it sets. People wont even care about the mess but if it bothers you create a little sign warning people that there is frosting under the wrapper and to use a plate or napkin. You can even give them the option of plopping the cupcake into another liner...but like i said I don't think people will care! The cupcake will be gone before they notice the mess...that most will lick off their fingers in enjoyment anyways:)

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you!!! I have never actually had to deal with the frosting on the bottom of the liner so I wasn't sure if it would be too messy or if it was all in my mind :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%