Silver Set-Up Boards- Where To Buy In Us

Decorating By MaurorLess67 Updated 12 Apr 2015 , 6:39am by Nancylou

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 10:41am
post #1 of 3

I have been trying to perfect my ganaching skills (ha!! I need much practice) -- I think those silver set-up boards used in Australia and UK may help-- I have been trying to find a place to buy them-- they are thin enough to be a cake board and smooth on the sides- the acrylic circles are so expensive - 

Any suggestions on where to purchase? 

TIA

Mo

2 replies
sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 5:02am
post #2 of 3

Hi, are you talking about "drums"? they are about 1/2 inch thick and are covered in silver

decorating foil.  Deco Pak and Bakery Crafts sells drums. You can check their website to see if this is what you are looking for.

sandeeb 

Nancylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancylou Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 6:39am
post #3 of 3

Hey Mo,

Are you talking about those thin silver cake boards?  I have been looking for them as well.   The closest I have found so far is a 1/4 inch foam core cake circle, they sell them at Dallas Foam and their prices are very reasonable.   Also, the acrylic circles are a one time purchase because you can use them over and over ...  I highly recommend them if you are going to be ganaching a lot. 

But, if you are talking about the 1/2 inch thick boards,  then go with what Sandeeb suggested.

Nancy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%