Everclear And Corn Syrup Sticky

Decorating By CakePrincess16 Updated 24 Mar 2015 , 11:39am by CakePrincess16

CakePrincess16 Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 2:18am
post #1 of 6

I took advice from someone on the forum to make my bow shiney...it worked beautifully!  My gumpaste bow is super shiney and looks almost plastic...curling ribbon worthy. But almost 2 days later it's sticky. Does anyone know if it will continue to dry? The forum said it wouldn't dry sticky. Anyone know how to fix it? I was going to try the fridge but it took me so long and I'm scared the cold will mkae it worse. Help! 

5 replies
arkattica Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 2:27am
post #2 of 6

I make a 50/50 solution of Vodka and Corn Syrup to make it shine. Only if its a small area, example: eyes on faces. But if its a bigger area, I , always play by adding more vodka than corn syrup to the solution. Always apply a thin coat, let it dry and reapply if necessary. 

Try to air dry the piece in a dry area, if there is too much humidity it will become sticky.

CakePrincess16 Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 4:14am
post #3 of 6

I think i slatherd mine too much. Will it eventualky drive, by fri, or is there Something I need to do?

CakePrincess16 Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 4:14am
post #4 of 6

I think i slatherd mine too much. Will it eventualky drive, by fri, or is there Something I need to do?

winniemog Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 7:20am
post #5 of 6

I'm with arkattica, I use less corn syrup to vodka when covering a large area. I did a "wine bottle" recently and it took a couple of days to dry but eventually it got there. 

CakePrincess16 Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 11:39am
post #6 of 6

I have hope yet then. I was thinking maybe going over it with just the vodka to see if it removed a little of the corn syrup. I will see if tonight it's better. If urs took a few days I'm not so worried anymore. Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%