Culinary/pastry Classes Or Short Courses

Baking By farah Q Updated 23 Apr 2015 , 7:15pm by shaibaer

farah Q Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farah Q Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 10:48am
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum is from Paris who can help me OR knows if there's any pastry school in Paris (France) offering short courses or classes? Preferably in English.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies
CupcakeCali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeCali Posted 31 Mar 2015 , 4:57am
post #2 of 3

Hello Farah,

I trained in Paris years ago. I started at Le Cordon Bleu and then went on to Le Notre. Le Notre offers shorter classes that are more intense and are designed for experienced pastry chefs but don't let that scare you. I was a newbie back then and I had more talent than many of the guys there. ;-)  The Ritz also offers classes but they are more for tourists IMO.

At Le Cordon Bleu, they have someone to translate and I believe that is the case at Le Notre as well, but the more French you know, the more you'll get out of the classes. I went on to do an apprenticeship at Fauchon and worked under Pierre Herme at the time. (known for his macarons). When you do an apprenticeship, you'll learn more than many of the classes but you'll want to try and arrange something ahead of time. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help if I can. 

Where are you living now?

shaibaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaibaer Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 3

La Cuisine in Paris has classes in English.   I took the macaron class with a group of friends. 

http://lacuisineparis.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%