First Cake Fair

Business By cakesbyjustine Updated 22 Mar 2015 , 6:41pm by -K8memphis

cakesbyjustine Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 2

Hi, i'm from the UK and new to the forum

I have recently started a little cake business, EHO registered etc. I have a cake fair soon, my first! excited but a little nervous too.

I have business cards, gloves, and all the rest. What I really want to know is any tips on what to bake for them! Its in a church and to be honest I'm not expecting thousands. I know there is one other baker with a stall there.

I bake cupcakes really. I am thinking of making a large Easter cake to try to get orders for Easter. other than that I am going to bake various cupcakes to sell. Do you think that I should make some more 'traditional' cupcakes to focus on an older age range too? (things like carrot cake, mini coffee cakes, mini victoria sponge etc) 

My prices are going to be £1.50 and may fluctuate with sales and the price/quality of the other baker attending. Is this a good strategy?

Finally, I have no idea how many to make! 50, or 150!...

Any help would be great. Thanks

1 reply
-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 2

hi and welcome to cc -- i would suggest contacting the venue and ask them how many people they expect to attend -- i think your easter idea is a good one but it's getting pretty close too -- when is the fair -- this weekend? and i would suggest that you make your very best products -- whatever gets the most oohs and ahhhs and maybe provide samples

Quote by @%username% on %date%