Ufc Cake

Decorating By Cmz070586 Updated 22 Mar 2015 , 11:37am by -K8memphis

Cmz070586 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cmz070586 Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 1:33am
post #1 of 4

Hello! I'm new to cake decorating . I am throwing a surprise party and decided to commit to make a UFC cake. I am going to make fondant to cover an octagon shaped cake (get it, a UFC ring!) . My question is, what the easiest wya to put the UFC letter logo onto the cake? Gum paste? Fondant? And how do I even do it? I am thankful for any advice! I'm a beginner but eager to learn. Thank you!!

3 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 6:06am
post #2 of 4

Fondant for a fondant covered cake.  Find the logo online, size it to your cake, print it and cut it out.  Lay it on your rolled fondant and cut around it out with an exacto or sharp knife.  Good luck!

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 7:51am
post #3 of 4

the easiest way would be to use an edible image

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 11:37am
post #4 of 4

great advice you've already received --

i would also knead cornstarch into the fondant before you cut out the logo, to enhance it's ability to dry real firm -- let it dry for several days in fact i'd cut out at least two and you can use the top & bottom so you'd have 4 to get it right --

and i'd use americolor gourmet edible ink markers -- the font and the design are pretty straight forward to replicate yourself -- there's no 'grey' marker that i know of so you'd need to rely on the black one -- oh and you can cut the tip of it too to make it a fine point --the red letters are shaded so i would suggest you use a powder color or dust for that just depends on how accurate you want it to be --

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%