Measure For A Vanilla Cake

Baking By ksshabu Updated 22 Mar 2015 , 10:48am by ksshabu

ksshabu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksshabu Posted 18 Mar 2015 , 8:34am
post #1 of 6

Hi ..

I would like to know the exact measure for a 2kg vanilla cake with buttercream frosting on it.

Thank you...

5 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 18 Mar 2015 , 10:03am
post #2 of 6

Are you looking for a recipe or a size?

I know you aren't in my country because typically most bakeries here go by serving size not weight... Where are you located so that maybe someone local can help you?

ksshabu Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 5:55am
post #3 of 6

Hi ..im from Oman. ...here customers order for cakes by its weight. 1kg  , 2kg and so on..I 've received an order for a 2kg cake..I 'm not sure about how to decide on the weight of the ingredients. I found your website very useful.  Though I'm an Indian settled in Oman , I love to follow your recipes and techniques that helps me a lot. Hope you can help me out in this as well. I also want to know the recipe of a buttercream icing which could be done at home.

Thanks and regards

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 9:56am
post #4 of 6

I have never weighed a finished cake so I do not know how much mine would weigh...

You can try the search button or maybe someone on here will be able to let you know if they see the thread...

As for at home buttercream... most of them (if not all) can truely be made at home... There is Swiss Meringue, Italian Meringue, French Meringue, American, Cooked, and probably others I cannot think of... All depending on how sweet, creamy, or what you want to do with them...  We would need to know more about what kind of buttercream you need to help you with that also...

I would like to think though, that if you are taking orders that you have the basic recipes already though...

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 11:37am
post #5 of 6

Hi, people here tempt to order cake by weight too. I did that in the beginning, but to be quite frank, most people don't have a clue what they order. It also means for you, that you have to have individual cutting patterns for each cake and the weight if you want each serving to weigh the same. F.e. How many servings do you cut from a 2kg carrot cake with cream cheese and how many from a 2kg light and airy vanilla cake with whipped cream? If you cut the pieces the same size, one cake serves more than the other.

I simply stopped all that nonsense, lol. If someone orders a cake, I ask them "How many servings do you need?" and make the cake in accordance to that info.

You are the professional. Just because everyone else is taking orders like that doesn't mean you have to

ksshabu Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 10:48am
post #6 of 6

Thank u all fot ur valuable replies...I 'l make it a point to keep all this in mind and head on with my baking..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%