I Need A Tutorial For Fondant Swirl Roses

Decorating By BettyIleana Updated 19 Mar 2015 , 1:37am by BettyIleana

BettyIleana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyIleana Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 2:12am
post #1 of 5

I've been looking for a tutorial on how to make swirl flowers, I'm not sure if the're roses but I can only find the ones made with buttercream. The're more like fondant ribbon flowers, but the big ones. Does anybody know where can I find it?

I'm trying to include a picture but I don't know how but is the 4th cake on this website:

http://bestfriendsforfrosting.com/2011/02/wedding-cake-trends/

Thank You!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 5

i googled "fondant ruffle rosette cake tutorial" and got three tutorials come up here's one of them --

rothells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rothells Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 5

Bettylleana, I've also been asked to make that cake, and after a lot of internet searching, I think it was originally made by Luisa Galuppo from Quebec. I sent her an email a while back asking if she had a tutorial to purchase for it, but have never gotten a reply. I'm sure she's one busy lady. If I do hear back i'll be sure to let you know. I think the flowers do look fairly simple to make, just very time consuming. I plan to give it a trial run soon, by cutting strips of fondant/gumpaste mix and making the flowers in assorted sizes by starting from the outside and working  your way in to fill in the center of the flower. Then once all the flowers are on, just fill in the empty spots with extra strips to make it look full. I hope im on the right track anyway! lol  What I would love to know is if anyone has seen a mold to make the boarder on that cake? Isn't that beautiful? I have a feeling its individually placed on there one thing at a time, but I sure would love to know if anyone has ever seen a mold to make that boarder, and if so, where it can be purchased at.

https://www.facebook.com/luisagaluppocakes/photos/a.10150850410933084.505970.48826543083/10150850717818084/?type=3&theater

BettyIleana Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 1:36am
post #4 of 5

Thank you for your answer. The bride finally decided that she wants buttercream swirl roses, but yes! It's a beautiful cake, and the boarder as well. If you give it a try show me the pictures ;)

BettyIleana Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 1:37am
post #5 of 5

Thank you very much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%