Where Can I Get White Cake Boards?

Business By Jamilee610 Updated 16 Mar 2015 , 1:21pm by TheresaCarol

Jamilee610 Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 11:13am
post #1 of 4

I love the look of a cake on a white board which are the majority of the cakes I see on the Internet but I don't know how they get their boards. I have only seen and used the silver boards from my arts and craft store and it doesnt give my cakes the professional look I want. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!! 

3 replies
-K8memphis Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 11:29am
post #2 of 4

you can cover your board with a thin layer of white fondant or whatever color/design that coordinates and tie a ribbon around the edge--

you can either roll out a strip that will curve around the edge or roll out a full piece where you can cut a hole in the center and conserve your fondant or leave it all one piece --

best practice would be to cover it before you need it so it dries where it's not so easily nicked when you use it

best to you

also you can use foamcore board from the craft store which you can then cut to any size -- can be wiped off wth vanilla and coated with food safe wax --

CCSP Posted 16 Mar 2015 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 4

Flour Confections sells them

TheresaCarol Posted 16 Mar 2015 , 1:21pm
post #4 of 4

I get cake drums (white and colors) and cake boards at Country Kitchen SweetArt (http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/searchresults.aspx?description=cake%20drums).  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%