Friday Night Cake Club For 3/13/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 17 Mar 2015 , 9:05pm by auntginn

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 2:39am
post #1 of 23

Opening up another session of the FNCC. Everyone is welcome to share photos of their work, tell about their week, ask for help or provide help if possible! Hope to see lots of cool cakes! I don't see the icon to add photos so I think you'll have to just post the photo up into your gallery and then cut and paste the URL into your reply!

Cat

22 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 8:39am
post #2 of 23

Hello Cat, How are you?  Its been a long time since I stopped by.  (Last year some time) I am not even sure where I left off.  I am still caking.  As I sit here I have a cake in the oven, due at noon tomorrow with a Mario Bros theme. 

In Sept I lost my beautiful mother.  She lost her battle with Diabetes, Heart Disase, Kidney Disease and so much more.  But My faith in God helped me thru it all.

My great grandchildren are growing fast, the oldest is in school already and I look forward to all the goodies I get to make for her.  She pays me handsomely with lots of kisses.

Here are a couple of cakes I've made, Hope I don't repost anything I already had.  http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3333589/big-bird-birthday

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3333590/tall-pleated-cake

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 11:09am
post #3 of 23

Here's my first cake from this weekend! I've still got my sugar cookies to complete which I will post later!

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3333496/winter-wonderland-cake

I gotta say, I really miss adding actual photos in my posts :(

auntginn Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 23

SweetShop, that is a very cute cake.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 23

auntginn -- sorry to hear about your precious Mom -- the memories get sweeter and sweeter...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nice cakes, peeps

auntginn Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 23

Thank you K8memphis.  Yes they do.  I took care of her thru these last years and I can say I have many fond ones.

SweetShop5 Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 23
catlharper Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 11:44pm
post #8 of 23

@auntginn  Oh so sorry to hear your news. I was wondering what happened to you but figured the holidays just swept you away. On a much brighter note, that Big Bird cake is just insanely good. No ONE would think it was cake. Just amazing! The wedding cake is beautiful. I can only imagine how pleased the couple was!

love,

Cat

catlharper Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 23

@SweetShop5  SOoooo adorable! The cake and the cookies! I bet those were both super cute parties!!

I miss seeing the photos here too. Hopefully they will get it straight soon!

love,

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 2:53am
post #10 of 23

Ha!  Did it  \(>_<)/.  Here are my polar bear topped cupcakes for a little girl's birthday.  Melmar taught me how to post pictures - you need to use a laptop and drop the picture into the box.

Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 2:56am
post #11 of 23

Darn it, it seemed like it was going to work before I submitted it... guess I'll have to go back to the galleries and try again :(

Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 3:01am
post #12 of 23

Trying again... here are my polar bear birthday cupcakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/edit/image/3333668

SweetShop5 Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 10:10am
post #13 of 23

Quote by @catlharper on 10 hours ago

@SweetShop5  SOoooo adorable! The cake and the cookies! I bet those were both super cute parties!!

I miss seeing the photos here too. Hopefully they will get it straight soon!

love,

Cat

Quote by @auntginn on 19 hours ago

SweetShop, that is a very cute cake.

Thanks everyone!!

auntginn Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 4:38pm
post #14 of 23

@catharper, Thank you.  The story that goes with the cake is this.  In a group I belong to they have contest, mainly for bragging rights.

Birds" was the theme.  so I decided to hold a local contest and advertised for a free cake.  The only requirements would be #1 you had to be having a party.  #2 then theme had to be Sesame street.  #3 you had to give me permission to use the photos.  A young mother won for her little boy, which is how I got the backdrop in the pic.   NO... I did not win.  But it was fun making the cake.

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 16 Mar 2015 , 3:04am
post #15 of 23

Auntginn sorry about your mom. Love the cakes big bird is amazing. 

sweetshop5 your cakes and cookies  as always are amazing.

i couldn't open the polar bear cupcakes.

I miss the pictures in the thread it made it so much easier. 

No decorating for me. Making Irish Car Bomb cupcakes for St. Patrick's day.

Marian

auntginn Posted 16 Mar 2015 , 7:44am
post #16 of 23

Thank you @Marian64  Sorry for the ignorance but what are Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes?

catlharper Posted 16 Mar 2015 , 1:58pm
post #17 of 23

@auntginn  You didn't win?!?! How IS that possible? I'm floored. Glad you were able to be in such a fun contest and able to set the parameters how you wished for your own cake winner but man, I'm floored you didn't win the "prize" inside your group! I think we all think you should have easily won hands down. Does make me very curious about the cake that did win...it'd have to be out of this universe to be better than your big bird...he's out of this world!

Cat

Pastrybaglady Posted 16 Mar 2015 , 8:48pm
post #18 of 23
Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 10:43am
post #19 of 23

Auntginn it is a chocolate cupcake made with Guiness but I used a chocolate stout. Irish whiskey (Jameson) ganache filling and Baileys buttercream frosting. I sprinkled a little green sugar on top. 

Pastrybaglady love over the little bears. I have a question I made cupcake toppers a few weeks ago out of fondant, didn't have any gumpaste. I had to put them on a day early and by the time they were served they were sagging. If I had use gumpaste would they have stayed firmer longer. They are having a cupcake contest at work in a few weeks and I wanted to try the toppers again, but I will have to put them on at least the night before.

thanks in advance, 

Marian

catlharper Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 2:01pm
post #20 of 23

Ok...how did you get the photo to show up in the feed? @Pastrybaglady  Please tell us all how?  PS>..those are SOOOO adorable!

Cat

Pastrybaglady Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 7:39pm
post #21 of 23

@Marian64 I have never used gumpaste.  I just use cornstarch and make the decorations like a week in advance and keep them in a cardboard pie box until I need them.  They are really firm and I put them on the cupcakes just before delivery.  If the cupcakes need to be put in the fridge with the decorations for any period of time they must be in a cardboard box.  If you put it in a plastic carrier you will see sad and droopy.

Cat, it was driving me crazy that we couldn't post pictures, especially here!  I noticed some people were able to so I asked Melmar how it's done.  She said copy and paste on a desktop or laptop.  I tried to do it directly from my pictures but it didn't work.  Then I tried putting the picture in the gallery and then copying and pasting - then bingo!  It's still a hassle, but I am hopeful the powers that be are working to make it simple again.

catlharper Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 8:40pm
post #22 of 23

Ok...posting an old cake as a test! Looks like it worked! So just copy and paste the photo into your reply!

Cat

636257nc4C_giraffe-baby-shower-cake_900.jpg

auntginn Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 9:05pm
post #23 of 23

Yah!!!!  Great idea.  The new way is such a pain to go thru.

No @catlharper  I don't think it was based on much, the person who won got the most "likes" or comments and that's all the criteria it had.  

But I didn't need to win from the group, I continue to submit.  I love how it pushes me, and the little guy and his family were the true winners.  Which made me a winner for making their day. :) 

@Marian64  sounds wonderful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%