Help With This Simple Design Please

Decorating By CSCcakes Updated 11 Mar 2015 , 9:05pm by CSCcakes

CSCcakes Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 8

I need advice on the technique used for this. When I first saw this photo I thought a large petal tip would work best, but when I look closer I'm not sure that's the best technique and I'm pushing this of till the last minute so I need some expert advice on this one! How would you do it?

7 replies
-K8memphis Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 8

i would use the biggest rose tube i could find -- there was talk on here recently about this and i think it was cupadee cakes, a fellow tennesseean and wonderful, helpful caker who has a tutorial on making a decorating comb to accomplish this look also -- not sure if i could find the thread while the site is being updated but if i find it i'll post back -- i think it was nerdy baker who started the thread maybe -- and if you find cupadeecakes website you could maybe find the tutorial --

best to you -- 

-K8memphis Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 8

well i went looking around and i did not see it maybe someone will have it for you -- the trick to piping it is to keep your arm steady -- i would have someone turn the turntable while i piped it -- put the seams in the back and pat them down after they set up or got cold depending on which kind of icing you're using

FlourPots Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 8

I think those might be fondant strips??
If you go to their site and scroll down, there's a rainbow cake (like the one in your link) that looks just like fondant.

-K8memphis Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 8

if i did it like that i would either use candy clay aka modeling chocolate or chill the fondant strips just a bit so they don't stretch on so much

smcintosh2801 Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 4:19pm
post #7 of 8

Weird I just so happen to have just watched a tutorial on this!  

See here.. good luck!

CSCcakes Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 8

Wow thank you ladies! When I had looked at the small image I just thought buttercream and when I opened it up on my large screen it looked more like fondant. Thanks so much for the tutorials and advice!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%