5 replies
kiki36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki36 Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 6

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE MY FROSTING LIKE THIS. IN ROYAL BLUE AND PURPLE

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 6

this might be disco dust which is non-edible -- you can get a similar effect with colored sanding sugar but then the cakes are crunchy to the tooth -- using regular sugar that you can color yourself is another option for a similar but not as shiney look --

it's food after all -- gotta be careful with what we use -- safety first

oh and there's edible glitter made from gum arabic so you could do the sugar and the edible glitter -- it's a flake --

https://www.ckproducts.com/categories/612/Edible-Glitter

this link is to a wholesaler but it shows a good list of all the different colors available -- i've seen this sold at wal-mart and michael's and lots of places in the states anyhow

kiki36 Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks K8memphis so much. Yes safety is first I just looked at the CK products I will try that. I do have an wholesaler approval with CK. 

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 6

Kiki...

Not sure if you know, but all capital letters tends to come across to people as yelling online...

But as to your need... That much sparkle looks like it might be disco dust... not really safe eating... it is basically glitter...

It could also be a photoshop/lighting trick, but just using disco dust would work...

You can try getting something similar by using sanding sugar and/or luster dusts...

kiki36 Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 6:49pm
post #6 of 6

AAtKT...I do now i need to have this done in 2 weeks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%