How To Upload A Photo?

Lounge By sj27213 Updated 20 Mar 2015 , 1:41am by Heath

sj27213 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sj27213 Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 3:57am
post #1 of 19

Help! With the new look I can't find the "upload a picture" feature! Can someone help me out?

18 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 5:16am
post #2 of 19

Wondering the same thing

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 5:25am
post #3 of 19

Go to "Gallery" (at the top, right under CAKE CENTRAL, first one if you click on it is "Add a photo".

kathryn_NZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathryn_NZ Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 7:23am
post #4 of 19

Yes that function has just returned, but for most of the day it hasn't been there.

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 12:13am
post #5 of 19

Thanks @julia1812 for assisting your fellow members! 

@kathryn_NZ  please use the help link in the top navigation to report issues you are experiencing.

Thanks everyone for contributing to making Cale Central better and helping us to resolve any issues you experience.

-Leanne

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 1:16am
post #6 of 19

It's still not working for me

LeanneW Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 3:23am
post #7 of 19

@manddi  please email [email protected] with all the details of the error you are experiencing and the link of the error page, if you get an error.

If you are using a mobile device you might be missing some functionality as we do not have a mobile site at this time. We are working toward a mobile site. 

At this time you might have better functionality viewing the mobile site in landscape view.

-Leanne

LeanneW Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 3:24am
post #8 of 19

Quote by @LeanneW on 3 hours ago

Thanks everyone for contributing to making Cale Central better

Oops, long day, CAKE Central, although I would love a site called KALE Central!

-Leanne

yoyopof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yoyopof3 Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 5:13pm
post #9 of 19

Anyway to upload a picture to a forum post to get help on decoration thoughts?  I don't want to post it to the gallery b/c it isn't my cake, just need info. or thoughts on how to do the accents shown?

LeanneW Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 5:27pm
post #10 of 19

@yoyopof3 at this time we do not have the function to attach images to your conversation. You can include a link to the image from the internet. Or some posters said they had success copying and pasting an image in a conversation. Looks like it worked for me here:

LeanneW Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 5:28pm
post #11 of 19

HMMM, well I guess it didn't work after-all. I pasted an image in my response and it is no longer visible.

yoyopof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yoyopof3 Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 6:40pm
post #12 of 19

Thanks.  Yeah  - It showed up when I pasted it, but then wasn't there when it posted...Seems odd that you could attach a video but not a photo.  But that's alright.  I will try and figure it out.  Maybe I can find the picture somewhere online and do it that way!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 9:56pm
post #13 of 19

You can only copy and paste from the galleries, so for work that isn't yours you would probably want to do the link function if it's working...

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 10:25pm
post #14 of 19

Cake by For Goodness Cakes

Momof2froggies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof2froggies Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 10:29pm
post #15 of 19

I've also been wondering the same. Before the website change I was able to access the full site from my phone browser and upload pictures as if I was in the computer. Now I can only access a so-called "mobile friendly" version of the site, and it doesn't show me the add picture button

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 17 Mar 2015 , 11:20pm
post #16 of 19

Quote by @yoyopof3 on 6 hours ago

Anyway to upload a picture to a forum post to get help on decoration thoughts?  I don't want to post it to the gallery b/c it isn't my cake, just need info. or thoughts on how to do the accents shown?

Are you talking about posting picture in the tread using computer or phone. ? I was able to do it on computer.

LeanneW Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 10:31pm
post #17 of 19

Quote by @Momof2froggies on 1 day ago

I've also been wondering the same. Before the website change I was able to access the full site from my phone browser and upload pictures as if I was in the computer. Now I can only access a so-called "mobile friendly" version of the site, and it doesn't show me the add picture button

We don't have a "so-called "mobile friendly" version", at this time we have one version that dynamically optimizes the display for your device. We will have a mobile site in the future and we are aware of some issues particularly with photo uploading on cell phones. 

Thank you to everyone who provides feedback on bugs and feature requests and thanks for your patience while we correct issues and release features in the coming weeks and months.

Momof2froggies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof2froggies Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 11:37pm
post #18 of 19

Look, I'm not complaining and I'm not looking to stir anything up. I appreciate the existence of this site even if there are difficulties at this time. But I don't like being called a liar either. If I go to my phone browser and I search "cake central", I get a link with a "mobile-friendly" label right next to it. I wish I could post a screen shot to show what I mean, but hence, I cannot. Anyway, I'll leave it there since it's obviously a topic that touches susceptibilities.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 20 Mar 2015 , 1:41am
post #19 of 19

Quote by @Momof2froggies on 1 hour ago

Look, I'm not complaining and I'm not looking to stir anything up. I appreciate the existence of this site even if there are difficulties at this time. But I don't like being called a liar either. If I go to my phone browser and I search "cake central", I get a link with a "mobile-friendly" label right next to it. I wish I could post a screen shot to show what I mean, but hence, I cannot. Anyway, I'll leave it there since it's obviously a topic that touches susceptibilities.

The mobile friendly thing is just a designation google puts next to any link that meets its criteria for displaying ok on a mobile device.

Prior to the site change, when we were on the huddler platform, there were two versions of cakecentral.

cakecentral.com was the desktop version and m.cakecentral.com was the phone version.  The phone version could not access all of the site and had a different interface.

Since the change, we only have one version, www.cakecentral.com .  This version allows the browser of each device to adapt the layout to fit its resolution, but the website does not change the options based on device.  This is what Leanne is saying when she says we do not have a "mobile-friendly" version, just one version for everything.  In the near future we will have a dedicated version for mobile at m.cakecentral.com.

She was not calling anyone a liar, just clarifying that there are no longer two versions of cakecentral, which a lot of people still think there are.

I hope that helps clarify any confusion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%