Glow In The Dark Piping Gel

Decorating By lilsummi Updated 10 Mar 2015 , 5:53pm by CLW

lilsummi Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 6

Hey Everyone!

I am trying to make some glow in the dark piping gel and after several failed attempts and lots of frustration, I am hoping someone might be able to help me out with a tried and true recipe.  I am making a paint splatter graduation cake/cupcakes.  Thanks so much!!! 

5 replies
AAtKT Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 6

There really isn't a way to make it edible and truly glow in the dark...

Tonic Water / Quinine Water will make it glow under a black light if it is clear or white or pale... but too much will make it bitter...

I don't know the recipe though... hopefully someone here will be more helpful...

lilsummi Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for your help!  I have been using a black light to test out my samples, but it just doesn't "POP" like some of the pictures I have seen out there.

gscout73 Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 2:25am
post #4 of 6

I think it depends on the brand of tonic water. I believe I read a thread about this last year and there is a difference in results depending on the brand. I suggest doing a search, you should be able to find the answer you are looking for.

bbrumett Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 6

The only thing I've seen that would "pop" would be edible glow in the dark body paint.

CLW Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 6

I've tried several times to get my color to glow. No luck with any method. I finally just decided to use the bring neon colors. Looks great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%