Ganache

Decorating By kamill Updated 10 Mar 2015 , 5:02pm by kamill

kamill Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 5

Can i fill my almond cake with almond buttercream then ice it with white chocolate  ganache so it can be very smooth then cover it with fondant? Will these flavors work together? Has anyone ever try this Or something similar?? I've been having so n any issues with buttercream I let my caje settle I put a dam everything and I still get bulges. I know ganache hardens so I think I t wI'll work better please if any has any advise it will be greately appreciated

4 replies
leah_s Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 5

The flavors will be fine.

When settling are you weighting the top of the cake?  Are you settling at room temp?

kamill Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 5

Yes I think my problem i think is that the buttercream gets soft after sitting and the fondant starts to sag 

ropalma Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 5

I have also had problems with bulging.  I turned to ganache to cover my cakes because it is more stable.  I really wanted to go back using buttercream under my fondant.  So, I had a thought this past weekend!!!  Why not create the dam out of ganache instead of stiff buttercream.  Call me crazy but it worked....I had not bulges after having the cake sit for 24 hours.  I even went all out on the test and added fresh strawberries over the buttercream filling.  When I cut into the cake the ganache was nice and soft and everything stayed in place.  I hope this works for you if you want to try it.

kamill Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 5

Yes I would I'm going to try The ganache as a dam or just doing the ganache on the outside @ ropalma  thanks so much. Hope one of these work for me 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%