Tempering Chocolate In The Microwave - It Really Works.

Decorating By MBalaska Updated 11 Mar 2015 , 11:59pm by MBalaska

MBalaska Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 1:14am
post #1 of 7

Here's an internet tutorial that I followed to try to temper Milk chocolate in the microwave.  I no longer have a  very expensive chocolate tempering machine, and  sometimes I miss it.  So being somewhat skeptical that this would work, I took two milk chocolate Hershey's candy bars from the grocery store and followed the directions on the video.

Much to my shock & surprise  It worked.  So I grabbed a couple of my shortbread cookies & peanut butter cookies & slathered the back with this milk chocolate. I also put a big blob of melted chocolate on a piece of parchment to test.  I can't tell you how amazing it was to break off a piece of that chocolate test and taste it and it melted in my mouth like it was supposed to.  Not grainy, not sticky, not greasy.

I'm letting the cookies sit overnight to make sure that there is not going to be a relapse into something weird & out of temper.  fingers crossed.  But right now they have hardened, I can touch the chocolate and there is no fingerprint.

Has anyone else tried this and been successful????

6 replies
melmar02 Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 1:16am
post #2 of 7

I don't do a lot with chocolate, so I haven't tried. I'll be curious to see your overnight results!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 10:30am
post #3 of 7

I have never had any luck with this so keen to see how it goes.

MBalaska Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 7

It appears that when it's in temper, it's in temper!  It's amazing that it worked.  I'm surprised that no one else has tried it with so  many chocolate lovers in 'caking'. And I didn't have to spend a small fortune to mail order fancy chocolate with high shipping charges.          Having chocolate covered cookies for breakfast. 

Natka81 Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 1:27am
post #5 of 7

@MBalaska , you always start a very helpful treads.

MBalaska Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 1:50am
post #6 of 7

I'm interested to see if you guys can also make it work out.  It's really cool.

MBalaska Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 7

It worked again today, very happy with this method.  can't put up photos anymore, but I put the tempered chocolate on the rest of the shortbread cookies.   It's nice to know that I could make decorative chocolate flourishes with a piping bag and put them on cuppies or on a dessert cake. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%