Cake Boards For 5-7-9-11"...?

Decorating By divadane Updated 24 Feb 2015 , 3:23am by costumeczar

divadane Posted 23 Feb 2015 , 9:53am
post #1 of 3

AHi all, I have a set of odd numbered sized pans... (Not sure if this is the norm or if I just made a bad choice when getting these...) Anyway, I usually cover in foil but I find that inevitably that affects how level my cakes sit when stacked... I'm looking for cardboard rounds that don't need to be covered in foil. I don't want anything that needs to be trimmed to the size of my pans... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

2 replies
maybenot Posted 23 Feb 2015 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 3

Finding 7" & 9" rounds isn't too hard, as those are relatively common cake sizes.  For 5", 11", and 13", not so easy.

I have those cake pan sizes and I love using them, but I cut my own cake boards from 3/16th inch foamcore and wipe them with edible soy wax.  I never cover cake boards with foil or plastic wrap because I don't want it to come up with a cake slice when cut.

I think cutting down the next even side up may be your only reasonable alternative. 

costumeczar Posted 24 Feb 2015 , 3:23am
post #3 of 3

I use corrugated plastic cake boards...I have a bunch of tuffboards but they went out of business. There's another company that makes them, I'd have to look around to find the name. You can make your own by cutting them out of sheets of the plastic that you get at a craft store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%