Cowboy Boot Cupcake Topper

Decorating By mnurlife Updated 15 Feb 2015 , 11:17pm by Rfisher

mnurlife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnurlife Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 5:08am
post #1 of 6

Hello. I want to make a cowboy boot topper for friends party and  I saw these on esty 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/97961376/fondant-cupcake-toppers-cowboy-boot

I tried serching online for some type of cutter but all I could find was a 3 inch cookie cutter. Does anyone know how I can do this?  

Thank you!!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 6

make a template, by copying whatever picture of a cowboy boot that is ok to use and then reduce it to the size you want on a printer and cut out fondant using that template and an exacto knife --

or you can make a cookie cutter out of it too -- there are several tutorials on how to make cookie cuttters -- at least one here on cc and several on google --

if you cut out your template out of 1/4" foam core it is even easier to fashion a cookie cutter around it --

and there's a kit you can purchase to make cookie cutters too -- usually available on amazon

LizKatherine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizKatherine Posted 13 Feb 2015 , 1:54am
post #3 of 6

Are you looking for a bigger boot? I have 2 cowboy boot cookie cutters, one is like 1" x 2" very small the other is a couple inches bigger. I was asked to do cookies that I don't have cutters for, what I did was I got those aluminum pans you bake turkey in and cut about a 3-4 inch long strip. Then fold both sides toward each other so you don't have sharp edges (it could cut and hurt). you should be left with a 1-2" strip. folding the edges also makes it firmer. Then just shape the strip into a cowboy boot. When you cut with it though, be very careful. Its obviously not a metal cutter but if you are careful, it'll do the job perfectly well. hth, I'm not good at explaining things but you could google diy cookie cutters

mnurlife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnurlife Posted 15 Feb 2015 , 5:30am
post #4 of 6

Wow guys thank you so much for the response!!! I will have to try making my own cutter or at least make a template and use that over and over.  Is there something I can use to cut out the fondant without cutting my counter or fondant mat?

Thank you again for all of your responses!!

Matt

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Feb 2015 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 6

use an exacto knife on a cutting board that is not sopped full of onions & garlic -- a dedicated cutting board --

best to you

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 15 Feb 2015 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 6

AIf you want to duplicate those with ready made cutters, type in mini alongside your search. There's plents of 1.5" ones out there readily available.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%