Getting White Cream / Australia

Decorating By lili2308 Updated 13 Feb 2015 , 12:32pm by Bluehue

lili2308 Posted 11 Feb 2015 , 12:00am
post #1 of 6

AAt the bakery we use a cream that just needs to be whipped. It is called dream whip. Main thing is that it stays so white when whipped. i asked the dairy company but this product is only available to business. So no chances of me getting it to do an occasinal birthday cake at home. i waa wondering what cream are you using? I need a cream that stays white when whipped. I use thickened cream but it always goes yellowish. any help / tips will be great :)

5 replies
Bluehue Posted 11 Feb 2015 , 12:45am
post #2 of 6

lili2308 - not sure where you live - but the product you speak of is available at some Cake Supply shops/outlets I have seen it in the fridges here in Perth @ Bake Boss... AND I THINK the Raspberry Butterfly sells it also over East.

What State are you in?

lili2308 Posted 11 Feb 2015 , 1:00am
post #3 of 6

AI am in WA, south of Perth. I sent an enquiry to Bulla regarding the dream whip or imitation cream. They told me that it is only available to businesses. I also asked if there is any substitute for that product, as long as the cream stays white when shipped. I was advised t try Bulla whipping cream and juge for myself. There is a cake shop in rockingham but i know they dont sell it as they have no fridge. I am a bit stuck really. :)

Bluehue Posted 13 Feb 2015 , 7:07am
post #4 of 6

You could try phoning and asking if they stock it....  :)

Magic Mouthfuls Posted 13 Feb 2015 , 11:14am
post #5 of 6

Dairy cows in Australia eat green grass - so we have cream coloured cream.  I have four ideas for you...

1) Have you considered adding Bright White food colour (Wilton or Americolour) or Titanium Dioxide to the cream? I've never done it in cream, but have on SMBC, and contributes somewhat towards a whiter colour.

2)  But I am thinking - if you are willing to use a fake cream made with vegetable fat and no dairy on your kids cakes then you could just buy the pure white frostings you get in the supermarket ie Duncan Heinz or Betty Crocker.

3)  If you want really white frostings for your cake, and you wish to use normal ingredients, then you could use a Swiss Meringue or Italian Meringue (no butter).  The heating process pasteurises the eggs and guaranteed every kid loves the taste of meringue.

4) Ask your bakery if you can buy some Dream Whip off them - if you work there, easy, most employers will happily sell staff ingredients.  If you dont work there, ask really nicely - with sugar on top!

Bluehue Posted 13 Feb 2015 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 6

Just another thought - might you be using Vanilla Ess?

Depending how much you use can also *colour* the cream.....

Just a thought :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%