Need A Good Chocolate Cake Recipe For Stacking

Baking By Whiskingwishes Updated 10 Feb 2015 , 2:59am by shaloop

Whiskingwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Whiskingwishes Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 6

AHi

I know this must be one of the most frequently asked questions. I have also read some threads regarding the same.

I have made both dark and white chocolate mud cakes and have absolutely loved both. But I am looking for a killer chocolate cake recipe that is not quite as dense as the mud cake. Something on the fluffier side but still rich in flavour like the mud cake and also holds well for stacking.

Thanks for all the inputs.

5 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 6

The stability of the stacked cake does not depend on the cake recipe. The tiers are supported by the structure you use, e.g., SPS, dowels and cake circles, bubble tea straws and cake circles, Cakestackers, etc.

A lot of people swear by the chocolate cake recipe on the Hershey's cocoa package.

Whiskingwishes Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 6

AThanks for the quick reply. I did read about the Hersheys recipe and was slightly leaning towards it. Was just wondering if there are any other contenders too.

I will be using dowels and cake boards. So I guess I can safely use any good recipe.

CookieNibz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieNibz Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 6

I just made the Hershey's chocolate cake for hubby for valentines day. It tastes wonderful.It's very moist and chocolatey. I did however substitute the boiling water with fresh brewed expresso. It was wonderful, and as stated above think the structure of your supports is more important. HTH

Whiskingwishes Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 6

AOoh I love the idea of coffee in chocolate cake. I do that with the mud cake and it definitely seems to bring out the chocolate better..

I guess I will make a sample cake with the Hersheys recipe and see how it goes. Thanks for the responses.

shaloop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaloop Posted 10 Feb 2015 , 2:59am
post #6 of 6

ADouble Chocolate cake from Epicurious is very similar to Hersheys but with addition of chocolate, so a little sturdier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%