Iso Good Mocha Cake Recipe!!

Baking By SRumzis Updated 9 Feb 2015 , 10:35pm by kakeladi

SRumzis Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, looking for a good Mocha cake. Prefer WASC, don't mind incorporating box mixes from time to time. Having a hard time finding a good recipe! I'm looking for a mild chocolate flavor with a more predominant coffee flavor, preferably. Thanks, hope you can help!

4 replies
freesia777 Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 5

AI would think making a chocolate WASC would work well (there are several recipes floating around the site I believe), and just substitute espresso for the water.

CookieNibz Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by freesia777 

I would think making a chocolate WASC would work well (there are several recipes floating around the site I believe), and just substitute espresso for the water.

I have actually done this & the expresso i replaced the water with DID enhance the chocolate flavor, but it was not the dominating flavor. So perhaps you could try not only replacing the water with coffee, but also adding some instant expresso mix???

MBalaska Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 5

the easiest way I've found, and the least expensive, to get "mocha" flavor is to keep a small jar of Folgers instant coffee crystals in the cupboard.  just mix what you need in the strength that you want into your liquid & stir until it dissolves. Cheap, easy, great flavor.

kakeladi Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 5

Definitely, use my *original* WASC recipe using the coffee as MBalaska said.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%