Gold Highlighter Dust

Decorating By shellbell181 Updated 10 Feb 2015 , 2:09am by maybenot

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 9:59am
post #1 of 5

AHey I've heard so much about the highlighter dust and also super pearl lister dust just wondered if anyone knows of anywhere in the UK that sells these or anything similar just wanting to achieve a really good gold colour thanx

4 replies
Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 11:16am
post #2 of 5

Pretty much any cake decorating shop will sell lustre dust.  Even my asda has it now.  The colour you get will vary depending on how you use it or the product.  There's also edible gold paint or gold leaf as options. :-)

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 11:34am
post #3 of 5

AThanx so much for the reply! I know I can get luster dust from lots of places but it's a highlighter dust which gives a better gold than the normal luster dust thanx anyways

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 5

My bad - I didn't know there was a difference until just now!  It seems you can buy them online but they also seem to be victim of the 'non edible' issue.  If you want a really bright gold, I would look for using sheets of gold leaf or look at rainbow dust gold paint.  Apparently that's good although I've never used it :-)

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 10 Feb 2015 , 2:09am
post #5 of 5

Yep, highlighter dusts--gold or silver--are definitely NOT edible and are for decorations that will be removed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%