Marshmallow Imbc?

Decorating By Nadiaa Updated 7 Feb 2015 , 7:59pm by maybenot

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 7 Feb 2015 , 8:06am
post #1 of 3

I usually make IMBC as my BC of choice. I'm having a play around with flavour combinations at the moment and I wonder whether anyone has melted down marshmallows and added it to IMBC to make Marshmallow IMBC? I know you can get marshmallow flavouring that can be added, but I wanted to use real marshmallows. I think I'll have a try tomorrow and see what happens, but was curious whether anyone has done it before? Did it work?

2 replies
bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 7 Feb 2015 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 3

I'm interested to hear how it turns out. If you don't mind please share your results. I hope it works out well! Good luck :-)

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 7 Feb 2015 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 3

This is my go-to buttercream recipe.  It uses marshmallow fluff, but tastes and acts like a meringue buttercream.  If you don't add any powdered sugar, it's hard to tell the difference.  BUT, it doesn't taste like marshmallows, despite the ingredients.

Very close to the consistency of IMBC with out having to boil the sugar.

Ingredients

• Makes about 6 cups

3 ½ cups marshmallow crème
    2 ½ cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
    pinch of salt--mix with a tiny bit of water to dissolve or sift in with powdered sugar
    2 ½ cups powdered sugar--optional if you want it less sweet or less stiff
    2 tablespoons vanilla

Instructions

1. In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the marshmallow crème and the butter, starting on low and increasing to medium speed until the mixture is smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Reduce mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar, salt* and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
3. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%