Chocolate Covered Potato Chips, Finally Going Mainstream

Lounge By MBalaska Updated 13 Feb 2015 , 8:10am by MBalaska

MBalaska Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 1:35am
post #1 of 10

Like I said....these things are yummy.  Now you can try them, and I don't have to make them just for myself at home.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2013-11-04/lays-new-chocolate-covered-potato-chips-for-women-of-course

9 replies
freesia777 Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 2:09am
post #2 of 10

ANever heard of them, but they sound pretty yummy!

Edited to add: This article is from late 2013 and they were to be a trial run inTarget stores. Have you seen them?? Please say yes.

leah_s Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 2:35am
post #3 of 10

I've made them.  I couldn't get people to sample them on a free giveaway.

leah_s Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 2:36am
post #4 of 10

Ps I like them a lot!

MBalaska Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 3:11am
post #5 of 10

Alaska is the last to get anything lol  Years ago a friend brought me a small hand made package from a privately owned specialty food store on the east coast.  when I had my chocolate tempering machine I'd make my chocolates and with the left over chocolate (amazingly I always happened to have extra) and I'd dip waffle cut-wavy potato chips. ' course I love dipped pretzels also.

go on.......give it a go at home some day.  You got a bowl of chocolate,  you got potato chips, just dip half the chip into the creamy delicious luxurious chocolate lava.  :)

freesia777 Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 10

AMore for you then, right, leah_s? :-D

I think I may have to try these some time.

PS- MB, I feel like I am in Alaska right now. I don't remember the last time we broke the freezing mark, and I've gotten 3+ feet of snow in the last two weeks!

MBalaska Posted 6 Feb 2015 , 1:11am
post #7 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by freesia777 

More for you then, right, leah_s? icon_biggrin.gif

I think I may have to try these some time.

PS- MB, I feel like I am in Alaska right now. I don't remember the last time we broke the freezing mark, and I've gotten 3+ feet of snow in the last two weeks!

Well they must not be greatly popular, or they'd be a big hit by now.   @freesia777  you have the word "freeze"  in  your name, well phonetically sort of, so enjoy the snow. 

I've made both chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered potato chips as a little bonus treat along with a cake.  I've been asked to make the pretzels several times since then, but not the chips......... so I must have exotic taste for anything chocolate covered!! 

sannalee Posted 6 Feb 2015 , 3:40am
post #8 of 10

We used to put homemade ones swirled into Icecream

jgifford Posted 6 Feb 2015 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 10

I've put these in candy trays at Christmas for years.  Everyone loves them, but not like the bugles stuffed with peanut butter.  Those disappear instantly!

MBalaska Posted 13 Feb 2015 , 8:10am
post #10 of 10

Watched on tv today:  this company make chocolates with crushed potato chips mixed right into the chocolate bars, before they molded them.  I'd try them.

http://chuaochocolatier.com/potato-chip.html

I'm just tickled 'cause I found the first bag of Lays milk chocolate coated potato chips in the grocery store today, real chocolate, not candy confectioners coating.  Not as crunchy-snappy as they are when freshly home made, but good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%