Help Needed In Writing A Description For An Auction

Business By FrostedMoon Updated 6 Feb 2015 , 2:27pm by FrostedMoon

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 4

Hello All!

I am donating a certificate for a custom cake worth $150 to a school foundation auction.  I want it to be clear that this could be for a range of cake styles, from a simple buttercream tiered cake to a small single tier covered in fondant with sculpted figures.  I also plan to include something about additional charge for more intricate designs/more servings.  Anyone have a paragraph they've used in the past that covers this clearly?

Thank you!

Oh, and before anyone gets in to a debate about whether donating helps with customers, this is not to increase my business.  I'm on the board & all the board members have to donate something for the auction.  Yay for me, I get to make it a cake.  :D 

3 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 4

This certificate entitles the holder to a custom cake of their choice up to a value of $150 and is valid for 6 months/until such-and-such a date/whatever time frame you decide on as the donator. 

You may decide the theme and work with the artist on the design and finish of the cake, which can be for any occasion. Elaborate designs or larger cakes may increase the price, and any extra monies exceeding the value of this certificate ($150) needs to be paid in full upon the final order of the cake/upon pick up/delivery of the cake. 

Something like that? Hopefully others can chime in too. I would maybe put a few small photos of your cakes on the back, different styles etc, so they can "see" what they could possible order from you. 

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 4

Here's one I did for my kid's school fundraiser. It also include a bit about my company to. I blanked out my company specific info, that can be replaced by your info:

"-----------, LLC is offering a Dream Custom Dessert Party. Select up to 50 servings of combined cake, cupcakes, and/or cookies.  The desserts can be customized to fit your party’s theme, invitations, or interests of the guest of honor.Delivery is included. This offer is subject to the date being available. This offer does not include the re-creation of licensed characters, trademarks, or logos.  This offer is not valid for sculpted cakes or 3D figurines. Offer is valid until ------. Approximate value $250.00.

To redeem call or email us ---------

-----------, specializes in  ............. custom cakes, cookies, and confections. To learn more visit us at ------

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 6 Feb 2015 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 4

Very helpful!  Thank you both!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%