Is It Weird To Keep Play-Doh At Work?

Decorating By bakeforfun21 Updated 5 Feb 2015 , 12:12am by bubs1stbirthday

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 3

That sounds weird, I know. I'm addicted to cake decorating. When I'm at wor, I am constantly looking at something cake related. When I'm at home, if I'm not in the kitchen, I'm watching tutorials. I wake up from my sleep to sketch (even though they come out horribly) cake designs I dream of. My co-workers know how much I love cake decorating. I'm wondering if it would be weird to bring play-doh to practice my sculpting in between calls. The office I work in let's me bring in magazines, books, I'm allowed to do classwork. I work in an office where I don't deal with the public. I'm on the phone for five hours a day then I go home. I understand I could wait until I get off to practice but that's why I say I'm addicted. I don't have the patience to wait. It's like a drug. I get antsy waiting to get back home and in the kitchen. Would play-doh be a stretch? Again, I know it's a bit weird. 

2 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 3

Yep, that's weird all right.  But don't worry about it.  It just means you've really and truly been bitten by the caking bug.  Sneaky little buggers.   ;-D

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 12:12am
post #3 of 3

I would suggest that the modelling clay/plasticine that you buy for kids would be a better option than playdough - it will be closer to the consistency of fondant/gumpaste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%