How Long Can A Decorated Cake With Bc Stay At Room Temperature?

Decorating By kiddoscakes Updated 3 Feb 2015 , 11:44pm by -K8memphis

kiddoscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiddoscakes Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all... I am a small home baker, for family and friends and I have a small cake for a friend this week. She ordered it for tomorrow (Wednesday) but is having an issue with her daughters birthday party. she might have to move the party to Saturday but she doesn't know yet. She wants to pick up the cake yet tomorrow. If she waits to have the party til Saturday what do you recommend she do with the cake?  She said she could freeze it but that's seems too harsh for only a few days?!?! It will be a basic sheet cake with BC and a few fondant details.  BC has margarine/shortening and powdered sugar.  Can she leave it in the box and refrigerate it?  does it even need that if it's from Wednesday to Saturday?

Any tips would be great!

Thanks

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 3

My health department says in general, 5 days.  But I'd put it in the freezer on Wednesday and pull it out late Friday night.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 3

Ayes the guidelines for safety are not the same for quality/freshness -- there's just so many factors - some decorated cakes might start to show some wear and tear by then -- freezing like leah says is the best for quality control -- tell her to defrost gradually -- freezer to fridge then room temp

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%