Make A Dummy Purse For Above 6" Cake???

Decorating By mmhassa2 Updated 21 Feb 2015 , 12:00pm by mmhassa2

mmhassa2 Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 1:45am
post #1 of 5

So Im lost as to how to make a dummy purse topper to go on top of a 6" cake?  Something like this... Would need it to be proportioned but not too small. Lost how and what size it should be?? Also if I use a dummy cake how to make sure it doesnt tip over since it's so light compared to a real cake?? Please HELP. Thanks in advance.  

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

4 replies
mmhassa2 Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone??? Please?

ammcats Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 5

ADo you want a square purse or a round purse? Two completely different approaches needed. For the top purse, I would just get a 4" circle dummy, cut the bottom off, cover it in fondant, decorate, push some dowels up the bottom and then down into the cake so it is attached. Square purse, - I have no idea. Good luck!

mmhassa2 Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks..Ok I think a circle would be easier. So I have sort of "mocked" up a drawing of how the cake will look.  It needs to incorporate red and leopard print.  Red I'm adding to the flower....but where do I add the leopard print in the purse to still have it look classy.  Also what color? I'm think maybe add the leopard on the flap of the purse. Maybe in silver with black? 

mmhassa2 Posted 21 Feb 2015 , 12:00pm
post #5 of 5

Here's the cake all done, didnt add the leopard print as it didnt look well with the clean Chanel look. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%