Homemade Eggs For Egg Mcmuffins Finally!!!

Lounge By MBalaska Updated 29 Mar 2015 , 4:00pm by remnant3333

MBalaska Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 12:37am
post #1 of 3

We love egg sandwiches from fast food restaurants, and have been trying to make them at home for ages. I've been buying egg cookers, egg pans, egg guides etc etc for years.  My last experiment finally worked like a dream.  Hubby likes the egg on an English muffin with ham or sausage & cheese.  I like my egg on toast, and I'm really happy to share with you all my find:

aluminum crumpet rings.  I would have paid double the price for these.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052D4KU6/?tag=cakecentral-20+muffin+rings

I've used them in a small fry pan with a lid. A little butter on the pan & inside the ring,  just one egg inside the ring - a tsp of water outside the ring, pop on the lid, cook 3 - 4 mins and you don't even have to flip the egg over as the steam cooks the top of the egg.  I like to flip them over for just a few seconds.  The ring lifts right off of the cooked egg, no sticking.

then I cooked 4 eggs at a time on a regular fry pan, bit of water, pop the lid on to steam the tops.  worked perfectly.  This is a great find. I should have known that aluminum would work the best.

cheers,

mb

2 replies
pinkvelvet Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 3

Another method that works well is, use a muffin tin and crack an egg in each cup. Butter or spray the tin before.

Put in a 350 oven for 15- 20 minutes, depending on your egg preference. Then pop them out and enjoy.

remnant3333 Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 3

I love egg and sausage or bacon biscuits. I use to buy them at Hardee's but last time I got them they were so full of salt that I ended up throwing them away. Now I just make them at home. The egg may not be exactly like McDonald's but at least mine are not too salty. We always used to get them when we would go on vacation. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%