Securing Toppers In Advance

Decorating By Andrusmommy22 Updated 30 Jan 2015 , 6:17am by Andrusmommy22

Andrusmommy22 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 4

AHi all! I am making a giant cupcake (Wilton pan) smash cake for a local photographer. The cake is a poundcake iced in American buttercream with 50/50 decorations. The topper is a 50/50 number one that has been skewered and dried. It's heavy-ish. Because she lives an hour away, she is picking the cake up on Friday night for pictures early on Saturday.

Originally, I was planning to stick the 50/50,skewered number into a drinking straw inside the cake & pipe some candy melts into the straw for extra security. The more I think about it, the more concerned I am about sticking the topper onto the cake the day before. The bottom of the number will be against the buttercream, what if it starts to soften, or what if it starts to sag? Should I just send the cake with an inserted straw and instructions to insert the dowel into the straw immediately before the photos?

3 replies
Andrusmommy22 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 4
julia1812 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 4

A

Original message sent by Andrusmommy22

Should I just send the cake with an inserted straw and instructions to insert the dowel into the straw immediately before the photos?

Yes, that's what I would do.

Andrusmommy22 Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 6:17am
post #4 of 4

AThanks for the input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%