Lego Brick Mould

Decorating By argylealice Updated 31 Jan 2015 , 11:07am by sannalee

argylealice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
argylealice Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone

can anyone recommend a lego brick mould ?

thankyou

6 replies
sannalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sannalee Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 7

What was it for? The only molds I could find were bigger then what I was needing mine for but if your needing it for the lego cakes that are all over the net there is a few alternatives.

argylealice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
argylealice Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 7

thanks sanalee I want it to make lego bricks like the cakes on the net.

I have seen moulds like ice cube trays and also silicone moulds and I wondered which worked the best.

I must admit I am not very good with moulds and find them difficult to use. Thanks for your help   

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 7

I did a Lego cake for my nephew, and needed a mold. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought stuff to make my own molds and used the legos to get exactly what I needed. The cost was reasonable, too. Good luck!

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 7

For the small ones you can use as cake toppers I like to use the silicone molds. I prefer silicone for all of my molds though.

KCakeSide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCakeSide Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 7

I borrowed Legos from my nephew to make molds for a Lego cake I did. I used the food grade slicone plastique from this place:

http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/

A friend gave me the pre-made ice tray molds to use but they turned out to be too big, like duplos.

It took a couple of tries to get the molds just right. The single block didn't work well, the large multi-block didn't either. I ended up having like three blocks as a base and building up a small wall of short legos for mold support. It was perfect. I was able to roll out the fondant to any block height I wanted, stamp the top with the mold and then just cut the blocks apart.

sannalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sannalee Posted 31 Jan 2015 , 11:07am
post #7 of 7

The Lego cake in my pictures was done with this mold which worked well since I was only needing the top look of the Lego and not the full brick

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/190467920/lego-base-impression-mat-mould-10cm-food?ref=shop_home_active_10

Theres also normal size brick molds on Etsy.

As others have said you can always make your own molds with food grade silicone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%