How Do You Handle Rushed Orders?

Business By Wonderlandbaked Updated 29 Jan 2015 , 4:19am by Wonderlandbaked

Wonderlandbaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wonderlandbaked Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 1:56am
post #1 of 4

AA very nice lady came to me in a frantic desperate plea if I could make the following cake.. [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3325914/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

By this Saturday! She needs it by 12:30pm so that only would allow me two solid days to get supplies and bake and then decorate! I normally don't do all fondant cakes. I haven't gave her a definite answer yet. What would you do? Also, since I haven't worked with that much fondant, what would be your opinion of a good price for this cake at such short notice??

3 replies
craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 2:57am
post #2 of 4
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 3:16am
post #3 of 4

AI don't take rushed orders, unless I'm 100% sure I can pull it off. If you mess it up it's your reputation that might take a hit plus the bla bla from an unhappy customer. Not worth it. And reading you haven't worked with fondant alot and then looking at the cake... Not a good time frame to start practicing!

Wonderlandbaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wonderlandbaked Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 4:19am
post #4 of 4

AI declined her order, I just cant do it with such short notice. I gave her other options and informed her of my order policies. She was polite and understood. It hurts my heart can't do a cake....could have used the money too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%