How Much Would You Charge!?

Business By minicoopermel Updated 29 Jan 2015 , 6:42pm by shanter

minicoopermel Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 7

Just wondering how much people would charge for this cake.  It's 3 10"X2"  and a sports ball pan for the bust. 

Just getting ideas because I hear I'm too cheap and then too expensive. 

6 replies
minicoopermel Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 7

Also I have visited local bakeries and they are VERY unwilling to price out cakes. I even pretended it was for me lol.

thecakewitch Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 7

APer CC policy found here:, I would assume you're a legal business.

Here's my advice: Do your own work. Cost your ingredients and supplies, hourly rate, overhead etc. Research your own market. Once you got that all down, you will know how to price whatever you're selling and you will not be bothered if people say you're cheap or expensive because you know your own worth.

Jedi Knight Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 7

AHave you added up all your costs, including overhead, ingredients and non-edibles (boxes, boards, etc)? How long do you estimate this project will take?

dkltll Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 7

I think the OP was just asking what other people in other areas would charge for this cake, not what she should charge for it.

minicoopermel Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 7

Yeah I just wanted to kinda ask others what they would charge. I know what I would charge for this but wanted to know if I should consider rethinking some prices. 

shanter Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 7

A cake priced in one location would have no relevance for the price of the same cake in a different location. Costs differ. markets differ, overheads differ, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%