In Search Of This Cake Stand

Decorating By Lottashore4 Updated 29 Jan 2015 , 8:33am by gscout73

Lottashore4 Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 10:38am
post #1 of 7

Hi Cakers! 

Does anyone know where I can find this cake stand? Have searched everywhere but can not locate. This is not my cake - just using as a reference for the cake stand. Thanks in advance!  

wedding cake designs Pinned by Francie Torres | 403 x 403 · 30 kB · jpeg

6 replies
gscout73 Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 7

That really is pretty. I am interested in knowing where to find it and it's cost.

shanter Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 7

The cake is from Ana Parzych:

You could ask her.

sannalee Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 7

I think its just a regular stand, the lace pattern you can see is attached on the left hand side and the white above it is ribbon.

gscout73 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 2:30am
post #5 of 7

It looks to me as though the cake is on possibly a thick foam core or thin board that has a ribbon around the edge, and is then sitting on the stand. I don't think the ribbon is around the edge of the stand itself.

DeniseNH Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 4:15am
post #6 of 7

No, the white is the cake plate itself, but how easy would it be to have a stencil cutout onto a thick paper - wrap it around a plain metal cake stand then spray paint it.  Great idea.  Think I just might want to try that.  Brilliant.

gscout73 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 8:33am
post #7 of 7

True, that is possible. I was looking at the raised edges and the separations. There is a sight raised edge right where the cake board meets the base. Wrapping a base would be cheaper than finding custom bases. The same stand could be transformed and the possibilities are limitless.

Quote by @%username% on %date%