Minnie Mouse Cake Ideas

Decorating By petitetreats729 Updated 28 Jan 2015 , 2:02am by SystemMod2

petitetreats729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitetreats729 Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 11

Hi all!

I need some ideas (pictures) for a Minnie Mouse Cake that will feed between 20-25 people. Please also include how much you would charge for the cake you are sharing. I really appreciate the help brainstorming!!

THANK YOU!!!!

10 replies
Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 11

AGoogle is your friend.

MEGroverIII Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MEGroverIII Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 11

I did a Minnie Mouse hat box cake for my daughter's birthday.  It was fun.  It might work for a smaller party if scaled down a bit.  As for charge, I don't know what I would put on it.   If you did an 8" base cake, I would say no less than $70.  That's $3.18/serving for 22 servings.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80

petitetreats729 Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 11

A

Original message sent by Jedi Knight

Google is your friend.

Yes you are correct lots of good ideas on google but cake central is my friend as well and I would just love to see some different ideas. :))

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by petitetreats729 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Knight 

Google is your friend.
Yes you are correct lots of good ideas on google but cake central is my friend as well and I would just love to see some different ideas. icon_smile.gif)

@Jedi Knight, this is more of a "How much to charge?" thread. It's easier (although a bit sneaky) to ask on cake central, than it is on Google.   

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 11

A

Original message sent by MimiFix

[QUOTE name="petitetreats729" url="/t/782414/minnie-mouse-cake-ideas#post_7572779"]   [QUOTE name="Jedi Knight" url="/t/782414/minnie-mouse-cake-ideas#post_7572767"] Google is your friend.[/QUOTE] Yes you are correct lots of good ideas on google but cake central is my friend as well and I would just love to see some different ideas. :) )[/QUOTE]

@Jedi Knight , this is more of a "How much to charge?" thread. It's easier (although a bit sneaky) to ask on cake central, than it is on Google.   

Or do your own work (pricing, servings, design, copyright etc.)

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 8:00pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakewitch 

It's harder to do one's own work, than it is to ask others what to charge. Sadly, the people who ask "how much?" will blindly follow the cheap prices, than figure out if they are actually losing money.

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecakewitch 

It's harder to do one's own work, than it is to ask others what to charge. Sadly, the people who ask "how much?" will blindly follow the cheap prices, than figure out if they are actually losing money.

But of course! I'm only starting out and it is just a hobby and for fun!  

I'm sorry, but if you don't know how to price whatever you're selling, you have no right to be in selling in the first place. I'm just fed up I guess (not with the OP) with how to price threads, and asking for tutorial for basic things. 

petitetreats729 Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 1:17am
post #9 of 11

I'm just looking for a guideline... I didn't think this was really a problem to ask. I'm not looking to steal anyone's ideas or work. I do this for friends mainly and needed an idea or two as inspiration. I should have known better to even bother asking. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread and sorry for offending everyone. 

petitetreats729 Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 1:20am
post #10 of 11

SystemMod2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod2 Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 1:57am
post #11 of 11

petitetreats729 - Cake Central does not allow pricing threads, or threads advocating the selling of cakes that are based on coprighted material (such as Disney character cakes in this case).

Only you can work out how much to charge for your products, if you are a business. If you need help with pricing, there is an abundance of business information both here on CC or on the greater interwebs.

Please, if you are in the business of selling cakes, also take some time to familiarize yourself with the legal concepts of intellectual property, and copyright. Unless you hold the copyright (or have permission from the copyright owner) for a particular character, work of fiction, icon, logo and so on, you cannot reproduce it on a cake you sell.

If you are NOT in business, and are a hobbyist, you cannot sell cakes to anybody legally.

But as a hobbyist, you can make your own Disney cakes (not for sale). There is plenty of inspiration in the galleries for hobbyist Disney cakes, just enter what you are looking for in the search bar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%