Large Cookie Order - Help Please

Decorating By allaboutcakeuk Updated 27 Jan 2015 , 5:14pm by Pastrybaglady

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 8:43am
post #1 of 4

Hi I have 2000 cookies to decorate for delivery and eating on Friday. They are all baked and in the freezer. They are going to have a fondant topper with an edible image on it and then going in a cellophane bag with a tie top.  When can I take them out the freezer and start putting toppers on please and bag them ready for Friday?  Just want to ensure they are fresh but with this many getting ahead would be good.  How long do they take to thaw also please.  Thanks if anyone can help :-)

3 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 9:06am
post #2 of 4

AWow, that is a huge order - congrats! First off I'm assuming these are sugar cookies? They last a long time. I had a customer tell me she found a wrapped cookie two weeks after I had given them to her - still good! I would work backwards from delivery: deliver Friday, package Thursday, start assembly Tuesday and Wednesday. Frozen cookies thaw quickly as in minutes. Good luck!

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 9:09am
post #3 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastrybaglady 

Wow, that is a huge order - congrats! First off I'm assuming these are sugar cookies? They last a long time. I had a customer tell me she found a wrapped cookie two weeks after I had given them to her - still good! I would work backwards from delivery: deliver Friday, package Thursday, start assembly Tuesday and Wednesday. Frozen cookies thaw quickly as in minutes. Good luck!

Hi Pastrybaglady you are a star. I know it's my biggest order EVER and super excited but want to make sure I'm ready to delivery on Friday. Yes they are the NFSC.  Oh excellent news I did a trial in the freezer see how they were tasting and delicious. Thank you I will make a start later today as I have to cut out the 2000 toppers yet and put the images on and don't get me started on how long they take to bag.  Would you leave them out for a little while before bagging to stop condensation etc?  Thank you thank you :-)

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 4

AYou haven't made the toppers yet? Oh my... eat well, take your vitamins, set up a coffee IV and get to it girl! I see some late nights in the next few days for you. I would just take the frozen cookies and let them sit on the the counter while you work on the toppers. The condensation should form on the the outside of the zip lock bags or box. You can just wipe that the away. The toppers can be made weeks ahead if you do something like this again. Best of luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%