Keeping Cookies Soft When Sitting Out All Day

Decorating By Vals Updated 1 Feb 2015 , 12:54pm by rhondab

Vals Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 5

Hoping someone has some hints for me.  I have been offered an ongoing job to make cookies for a busy office, 100 cookies every 2 days.  The trouble I'm having is that they want the usual - chocolate chip, oatmeal, peanut butter etc. but they need to be left out all day on trays in various reception areas.  My cookies will stay soft for about 4 or 5 hours, but any longer and they dry out.  I'd love some ideas from the experts. Thanks so much.

4 replies
CookieNibz Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 4:41am
post #2 of 5

AI would think freezing them would extend their life, but since they aren't your typical decorated cookies not sure how you could keep them soft while sitting in the open all day @ the office. The only thing I can think of (like I said I'm just a hobbiest) is perhaps cutting out cute shapes of bread & place in the box with the cookies. Or maybe decorative little pieces of fruit? Just make sure the fruit would compliment the flavor of the cookie. Could you maybe get cute containers that seal? Just recollect them when delivering next batch. Or maybe wrap them in cellophane bags... But that's kinda time consuming. Hope that helps, sorry I'm NO PRO.

Pastrybaglady Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 7:29am
post #3 of 5

How about a plastic covered cake plate or large clear cookie jar?

MBalaska Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 7:42am
post #4 of 5

Originally Posted by Pastrybaglady 

How about a plastic covered cake plate or large clear cookie jar?

Yes, that is the answer.  To stay soft they have to be covered......or bagged up. like a loaf of bread.

plastic cookie trays like in the grocery stores.

rhondab Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 5

Seems to me that there's more than cookie texture to be considered here.  Covering them would also keep them from collecting nearby sneezes or whatever else might be floating around in the air.                

Quote by @%username% on %date%