What Cake Do I Use For A Whipped Cream And Fruits Filling?

Decorating By gdeosaran Updated 27 Jan 2015 , 3:57am by Natka81

gdeosaran Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 3:53am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone, a friend of mine requested a light cake filled with whip cream and fresh fruits, I've never done a cake like this before...I was wondering what kind of cake would be good for a cake filled with fresh whipped cream and fresh fruits.

6 replies
Natka81 Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 4:27am
post #2 of 7

I love " Three ingredient sponge cake" recipe. It is most popular cake in our community and goes well with whipped cream raspberries and blueberries, or strawberries and kiwi.

sewsugarqueen Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 5:17am
post #3 of 7

Angel food- sliced through middle - or 2 layers   whipped cream and fruits yum yum

Chiffon and sponge work well also.  Any of these three for a light cake with whipped cream and fruits.  Our family favourite is angel food -sliced through 2x to make it 3 layers high.  fruit filling touching cake, whipped cream cake fruit filling then whip cream top is cake  and just pour some fruit filling on top.  Strawberries are divine this way but slightly sweetened raspberries oh yes.

I like to make my whipped cream into a chantilly cream... just add 1tsp real vanilla, a few tbs icing sugar as you whip it. 

gdeosaran Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 7

AThank for the replies so far, I like the idea of using chiffon cake, not only sounds fancy but it might be light yet strong enough as well as I forgot to mention I need to cover the cake in fondant and other heavy decorations.

@Natka81, never heard of the three ingredient cake, got a recipe?

Any other suggestions?

sewsugarqueen Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 12:25am
post #5 of 7

Using fondant to cover the cake is a bit heavy on chiffon and angel cakes. I don't think either chiffon or angel food would hold the weight of fondant.   Sponge might work better  I don't know how well whipped cream and fruit filling will work with fondant.  You would need an entire coat of buttercream to cover cake and good thick dam on edges of each layer of filling to prevent all that moisture from cream and fruit to affect the fondant.

Does anyone else think the same re fondant and chiffon?

Natka81 Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 2:55am
post #6 of 7

@gdeosaran  I don`t share my recipe because it is most popular cake among us.

But here is the linkhttp://www.food.com/recipe/three-ingredient-italian-sponge-cake-39404.

If cake falls in the middle after it is baked or while baking, then add more flour.

The cake it self is dry. I use sugar syrup to moisten it.

Use a thick  buttercream or white chocolate dam if you will be using fondant to cover.

I don`t recommend to use whipping cream under fondant. Use buttercream or white chocolate.

@sewsugarqueen, yes chiffon  is very delicate, but I haven`t used it under fondant yet.

Natka81 Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 3:57am
post #7 of 7

AOops, I meant white chocolate ganache.

Quote by @%username% on %date%