Using Krusteaz Professional Yellow Cake Mix In Home Kitchen.

Baking By litenup Updated 26 Jan 2015 , 12:54am by MimiFix

litenup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
litenup Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 8

I just bought a 5lb box of krusteaz professional yellow cake mix add water only.   i have no experience with this and have no idea how to add ingredients to make a delicious cake. ( i have a lot of experience with duncan hines cake mix and adding pudding, bananas, pumpkin, etc.)  does anyone have experience with this mix and recipes they would like to share?  thank u!

7 replies
Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 8

AI think I'd avoid anything called Krusteaz. It just doesn't sound edible........ :-)

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 8

I haven't tried Krusteaz cake mix and I usually prefer to make things from scratch, but I've tried a lot of other Krusteaz things and they are great! I've never been disappointed. I have a fondness for a local (to me) company.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 8

yum Krusteaz pancakes and waffle mix is a big winner in my kitchen.  We used to get the Kursteaz white cake mix (add only water) in our local store.  It made the most wonderful white cake that I filled with lots of fruit fillings & spreads. I miss it, as they stopped selling it here years ago.  maybe folks here were turned off by the name also.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 8

Krusteaz has been in business since the 1940s.

litenup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
litenup Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 8

i have the cake dr. book and i love to add things in to the cake mix.  i tried to make the same lemon bundt cake with pineapple, coconut & macadamia nuts that i make with a duncan hines mix with great success with the yellow cake mix.  the cake ended up looking like a big flat doughnut.   it tasted great, was very dense and was 2 inches high. lol!   i love the fact that i have this big box of mix, but i sure could use some help learning the do's and don'ts with it.  

FlRugbyChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlRugbyChick Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 12:34am
post #7 of 8

AAll I can say is if a mix says add water, add milk. It always tastes better. Also, add extra vanilla extract.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 12:54am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by litenup 

... i sure could use some help learning the do's and don'ts with it.  

Go to the krusteaz website. There are recipes and tips. If you need more help, call or write their customer service.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%