Has Anyone Tried Lorann Professional Kitchen Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion?

Decorating By blue329 Updated 25 Jan 2015 , 1:15am by leah_s

blue329 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blue329 Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 2

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Lorann brand red velvet bakery emulsion?  How is it different from just red food coloring in a red velvet recipe?  Is it good?  Worth it?  Also, Lorann also makes a cream cheese emulsion that you just mix with buttercream icing that is supposed to make it taste like cream cheese icing?  Has anyone tried that?  If so, how is it?  I am really picky about red velvet cakes.  I have had some fabulous ones and some that are not so fabulous.  I have tried many recipes but still have not found one like certain red velvet cakes I have had in bakeries.  I like a VERY deep, dark red, moist cake and I like cream cheese icing that is not too "cream cheesy."  Most cream cheese icings I have tried have too much cream cheese for me.  

1 reply
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 1:15am
post #2 of 2

yep, tried both. 

I really like the RV emulsion because it's really strong and I use about half of what's called for.  I'm not a fan of RV, however, as i think its the nastiest cake ever thought up.  However, when I make them for customers on Valentine's day, I do use the RV emulsion.  It has no flavor that I can detect, but produces strong color.

I've only used the Lorann cheesecake flavoring and it's not really enough to fool you into thinking its cream cheese frosting.  But I hadn't noticed a cc emulsion. 

As a rule the emulsions are stronger and the flavor doesn't cook out in high heat.  They're good products.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%