Writing On A Sheet Cake

Decorating By hunni1531 Updated 25 Jan 2015 , 1:19am by leah_s

hunni1531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hunni1531 Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 7

ACan there be too many words on a full sheet cake? The customer wants 7 words on top. Any suggestions?

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 7

there's room for seventy words on a full sheet if you can pipe -- i'm not sure what you mean unless you are using really large cut out letters or something -- i mean why don't they fit -- what other decor do they want?

hunni1531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hunni1531 Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 7

AI was just eye balling it & I thought it might look cluttered. Im still a newbie! Thanks for the tip

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunni1531 

Can there be too many words on a full sheet cake? The customer wants 7 words on top. Any suggestions?

As the artist Bob Ross used to say "It's your world." &

“We don’t make mistakes; we just have happy accidents.”

You can always use a close color to blend it into the surrounding colors so the words won't stand out and clash.  It won't be quite as noticeable then.  Some of the cutest cakes are the Gary Larson 'Far Side' cake with lot's of writing on them.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 7

i've told this story before but we had this one guy who came in regularly and bought our smallest case cake (already decorated) usually a 7" cake,  and he would be very particular about the many names each with a number and there is a finite space on an already decorated 7" cake but we got 'em all to fit on there and he would never say what these were for -- 

fast forward several several years and i found out in the paper that he was a therapist who among other things did AA meetings and the names and numbers were people celebrating years of sobriety -- he had been tragically shot and killed by one of his patients --

he bought dozens of cakes over the years almost weekly maybe hundreds -- he was a sweet hero -- god bless mr. bizot

but yeah you can fit multiple lifetimes on the top of a 7" cake

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 1:19am
post #7 of 7

7 words?  easy breezy.

I used to COVER a multiple tiered wedding care in words.  The couples favorite poem, song lyrics or Bible verse.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%