How Is This 2 Colored Pearl Bead Ribbon Done?

Decorating By mmhassa2 Updated 24 Jan 2015 , 1:00pm by morganchampagne

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 12:03am
post #1 of 7

I have a cutter which makes similar beads but how can one make it two colored???

6 replies
melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 1:09am
post #2 of 7

Not sure how to get two tone in a mold... They look individually placed or like buttercream to me. Maybe you could go back over every other one with petal dust?

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 1:29am
post #3 of 7

AI've done this...just a different colour in each mould hole....tedious, but doable. It would be easier to use one of your small nozzle piping tips to punch out the colours and roll out the balls yourself.....faster.....

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 7:08am
post #4 of 7

ARoll balls - tedious and tlme-consuming.

Maybe give the client two quotes - one for s two-color bead border and one for a single color.

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 9:00am
post #5 of 7

Like Melmar said I would just dust with petal dust. You could use a very small brush and be really careful. Looks like any way you do it, it will be time consuming, but I think this is the easiest option.

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 12:36pm
post #6 of 7

Based on the size of them they look like the Wilton sugar pearls in green and white.  They also have pink, yellow and blue.  Still would be tedious to place them all on the border individually.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 1:00pm
post #7 of 7

A

Original message sent by jchuck

I've done this...just a different colour in each mould hole....tedious, but doable. It would be easier to use one of your small nozzle piping tips to punch out the colours and roll out the balls yourself.....faster.....

Yes this is how would I do it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%